Every manufacturer of DA2PP vaccine now guarantees their vaccine to protect for a minimum of 3 years.
1. Puppies must have had a dose of Recombitek vaccine (their recombinant DA2PP vaccine) every 2 to 4 weeks, with the last dose given at no less than 12 weeks of age, followed by a booster with Recombitek at one year of age.
2. For older pets who did not receive this puppy series or pets with unknown vaccine history, 2 doses of Recombitek must be given 2 to 4 weeks apart.
3. For adult dogs with complete vaccination histories (with whatever brand) a single vaccination with Recombitek is fine, provided the dog was vaccinated in the previous 12 months for DA2P.
4. The guarantee is void if the dog is not examined annually by a veterinarian.
5. Revaccination is required at least every 3 years to keep the guarantee in place.
6. The guarantee is good for distemper, parvo, and infectious hepatitis, up to $1000 per dog.
Schering-Plough, Intervet and Fort Dodge have recently published similar guarantees.