Our hours have been changed to the following:
Animal Medical Hospital, West Vancouver:
Appointments and Rx/food pickups 9 am – 5 pm on Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri
Open Saturdays 9 am - 1 pm for Rx/food pickups
Closed Wednesdays & Sundays.
Animal Medical Clinic on West Georgia Street:
Monday: Appointments and pickups 11 am – 5 pm
Alternating Tuesdays: Appointments and pickups 11 am – 9 pm
Thursday: Appointments and pickups 11 am – 9 pm
Friday: Rx and food pickups (no DVM appointments) 11-5 pm
Saturday : Appointments and pickups 9-5 pm
Closed Wednesdays & Sundays.
UPDATE JULY 5, 2021:
Clients are now allowed to wait in the reception area WITH MASKS ON for the duration of their stay. We are still not allowing clients in the exam room (2 meter distancing is impossible there) but… that is coming! So far we have only a small number of staff and vets fully vaccinated. Once we have all in-room staff and vets equipped with 2 vaccines, and as long as BC case numbers remain low, we will start allowing clients in the exam room again.
The end is in sight. What exactly that end will look like remains to be seen, but it should look “more normal” by September. We thank you dor your ongoing aupport and cooperation as we navigate the next steps.
Do not come to either clinic if you have a fever, cough, any signs of a cold or the flu, or any respiratory signs.
- If your pet is sick and needs care and you (or anyone in your home) have respiratory symptoms, we require that you send them with a friend or family member who has not been exposed to you. Call the clinic for further discussion of procedures.
- If you are positive for COVID-19 TELL US. We won’t refuse to see your pet, but we will take more precautions to protect ourselves. Call the clinic for further discussion of procedures.
AMH: Clients are allowed in the reception area WITH MASKS ON. Try to maintain some distance between yourself and others, when possible, and please try to limit the number of people with each pet. If the reception are appears crowded, please let us know you are here (call or put your head in the door to get someone’s attention) and wait outside until we can relieve the obstruction.
AMC: Clients will be allowed in the reception area. As at AMH, masks are required and we ask that you please wait outside for a bit if the area looked already crowded when you arrive.
Appointments continue to be deliberately spread out to avoid a lot of overlap of clients in the reception area and allow us to disinfect between patients. Practice good social distancing with all staff and other clients while near the clinic. Please follow the directions of staff.
WHO WE ARE SEEING:
We are currently open for ALL appointments. We ARE (and always have been) accepting new clients.
- It is important from a public health perspective that puppies and kittens continue to receive their recommended vaccine series and parasite treatment.
- We have resumed all normal activities including elective surgeries (spaying and neutering), dental services, chemotherapy, endoscopy and ultrasound.
- If you have a medical problem with your pet, please CALL THE CLINIC. We are here to help.
If you are more comfortable not coming in, just CALL AHEAD. If you are coming to pick up food or medications we will pre-process your transaction so that you do not have to enter the clinic. We can also take the food or medication outside to you so you don’t have to enter the clinic.
We need a GOOD history of your pet's problem. The best way to do this is to EMAIL us with your take on what’s happening. Please include details like:
- When (as closely as possible) the problem started
- What it looked like when it started
- Whether it has changed over time
- What you have already done to help your pet (medications, diet, etc)
For dogs, please keep your dog on the leash!
Cats MUST BE IN CARRIERS. Please disinfect the tops, sides, and handles of the carrier AT LEASTS 24 HOURS before you come to the clinic. Cats are very sensitive to inhaled chemicals and many disinfectants will cause cats to cough and may induce bronchitis. Clean the carrier well and let it air out for several hours before putting the cat in it.
PAYMENT: If you really want to come inside and pay using the POS machine you can, but alternatives exist. For most clients we are taking credit card numbers over the phone and processing payments that way. If you need to use the POS machine, we are requiring people to use hand sanitizer before touching it, and we are disinfecting it after each use.
CONTINUE TO BE GOOD CANADIANS. Keep calm, wash your hands like you mean it, be kind to one another, don't get all of your information from social media, share your stuff (but not your virus), and do your best to protect others.
Thank you for helping us stay healthy, and keeping yourselves healthy, too.
Dr Wilkie, Dr Sharp, Dr Crofts, Woei, Sarah, Janelle, Radka, Lauren, and Brian